How to set Static IP address in Star receipt printers
Provide customers with an incentive to pay with cash by offering a discount off the regular price when making cash purchases.
Setting the Static IP:
- Open your web browser and type the Star printer’s IP address into the URL field
- Log into the Star Network Utility using these credentials; User: root Password: public
- It may prompt you to change the password but this is not necessary, so just press cancel.
- In the left side menu click IP Parameters and select static.The current IP address and subnet mask should autofill in. Click Submit
- Select Save on the left side menu.
- Chose the option “Save => Configuration printing => Restart device” then click Execute.
The receipt printer should restart and print a new configuration report with Static next to the IP address instead of DHCP.
I see a “No Host Connection” message.
This usually happens when you lose your internet connection or when your printer is not connected to your router properly. Check your internet signal and router cable.
If your printer is a long distance from your router
The network cable provided only extends to three feet. So if your router sits in the back of your store and your POS system sits in the front, the cable can not reach.
There are two alternative solutions:
Purchase a longer network cable and run it from the router to the printer.
If having long cables run throughout your store isn’t the ideal solution, then you can purchase an additional router to connect to as part of the network in your store.
If the ERROR indicator is blinking red
This is caused when there is no paper present in the printer. Open the printer, replace the paper, and close the lid. The ERROR indicator should turn off and the READY indicator should come on.
If you feed the paper into the receipt printer at an angle, then a paper jam is likely to happen. If this happens, then turn off the printer, open it up, and feed the paper in again.
If you are trying to make your receipt narrower than the specified 3 inch width, then make sure that you use the divider provided. Don’t fold the paper when you feed it into the printer.
It’s not hard to understand why, since most business owners are losing anywhere between 2-4% in credit card processing fees with every transaction.
CALL US NOW OR GET AN INSTANT QUOTE
Terminal accessories and customization.
Give your payment terminal a different look while keeping it protected